Monday, November 10, 2008

SUNDAY BRUNCH KICKS!



Friend and exceptional talent John Cornette is Jews Do It's first guest designer this week (I welcome submissions for sure). Being that that guy's a whiz on the Photoshop, I gave him an assignment. Take a pair of Air Jordan I's and design them as inspired by smoked salmon, cream cheese, a poppy-seed bagel, and a butter knife (for spreading).

I watched John as he whipped through this Barney Greengrassed number like Temptee while rocking his design tools with meticulous attention. He even left the Jordan logo embossed into the lox upper (click on the image for a better quality look). That, my friend, is taking this to go.

We all know that bagels and Jews go hand-in-hand, so it's my great pleasure to present the first pair not necessarily tied to observance or tradition, rather this is an excercise in Jewish identity. I loves 'em. I don't know if I want to wear them out to the Bagel Basket on 90th and Amsterdam, or stay at home at eat them up.

Props to John once again for stepping up to the dairy plate.

No comments: